Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My first job

My first job experience was as an entrepreneur in a home-based business, cleaning homes after school. Once I got my first house cleaning job, then word spread and I started getting calls for more homes to clean. Granted, there were some interesting experiences cleaning some of these homes. One woman in particular was not happy with anything I did, her house was OK, but she expected it to be ready for a Home and Gardens photo shoot within two hours of my arriving.


Had that house been one of my first homes to clean, I would never have considered being my own boss ever again. Luckily, I had one bad experience and many good experiences. What I learned being in business for myself is that no matter how hard you work, there will be some people out there that you can never satisfy. I did learn that being in business for yourself was empowering. After college, I put my plans for being my own boss on the back burner and started working for others.

My logic for working for other people is that I wanted to learn what they did and did not do correctly. I always had the dream to become my own boss, but once I got into the regular "job" market and discovered how lucrative it was, it took a lot for me to take that jump away from standard income and start up my own business again.

It was frightening, changing from a steady income to something that could change at the slightest provocation. The fright soon turned to excitement when I discovered the immense freedom from working on your own. I was correct though. Working for someone else for years did teach discipline and organization skills, both of which are necessary for owning your own business. Currently I am happily working for myself, actually, I am working for my customers, but they do not define when I work or don't work. I would not change this current situation for the world and only see my business continue to grow.

If you are interested in starting up a home-based business (not necessarily in house cleaning), please check out our website. We may have something that will interest you, or awaken that sleeping giant that once upon a time wanted to be it's own boss.

Until tomorrow...

Powered by <span class=Plinky" title="Powered by Plinky">

No comments:

Post a Comment