Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What I'm Avoiding

Today was the first day in a while I wandered out into the front yard...Yikes, I didn't realize how much I had avoided weeding that part of the yard... I guess I was aware the weeding needed to be done, but out of sight, out of mind... Tomorrow morning will get past the weed avoidance issue in the front... I am sure the neighbors will be grateful...


Sunset through the Weeds

I am avoiding that very large elephant in the middle of the room... If I really told you what I was avoiding, I would have to kill you... We will discuss other things I have been avoiding..



I am avoiding weeding the front yard. I continuously weed the back yard (let's be clear, I weed the enclosed part of the back yard...the rest of the yard is "wild") but keep avoiding weeding the front yard. Why, you ask? Well, I am in the back yard loads more time than when I am in the front yard. I am in the back yard letting the dogs do their business at least 5 times a day. Then we won't even discuss how many times I go out there to swim either.



There is not as much of a call to go hang out in the front yard. One reason to avoid the front yard is that there is not enough shade. It gets really hot, and with minimal shade, you end up wilting quickly. The key to weeding the front yard is to get up right after dawn and get cracking, and I don't want to be out front right after dawn, hence, I am avoiding weeding the front yard.



The biggest problem with avoiding the front yard is that the house looks a tad abandoned, at least if you come to the front door. It is funny, where ever I usually tread, I weed, but I don't come in or out my front door, so that part of the house definitely looks neglected. The garage area, (where I park cars, bikes, etc., and where I take the trash out) is kept weed free, it is only the "official" front of the house that really looks bad.



I didn't realize how bad the front of the house looked until this morning, when I took a wander out there. Had a package delivered for my neighbor, and walked over to her house via the front yard...YIKES it looks really bad. Guess I will have to start facing the front yard before someone complains... The wild critters really like how I have let the front go though. Because of all the stuff growing now, there seem to be a lot of birds out front. Still, will have to get cracking on that weeding...anyone interested in helping when it gets over 110 here??? NO??? Hmmm, wonder why... ;-)



Since trash goes out in a day, I will get some weeding done tomorrow morning so that I have something to put in the trash can. Good reason to get some weeding done..oh well, so much for avoiding weeding...



Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment