Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 14, 2009

Marketing and Personal Development

I have just finished spending a large portion of the day learning how to better market myself and the services we offer. I am learning how to focus my ideas better and to make them more relevant for everyone else.

What I have discovered is that my brain doesn't always work in a straight line. What may make sense to me will not make any sense to anyone else. We have some down-time before our next show (we are still traveling, but we don't have to work a booth) so I am working fervently to improve what I do and how I do it.

In my efforts to improve, we have revised the Hawgwash, LLC basic premise. We no longer only specialize in Waterless Technology. That was our main thrust for several years. We have expanded our product offerings since then. It did not hit home with me until I talked with someone who went to our website (http://www.hawgwash.biz/) and commented that it looked like we offered a little bit of everything with no rhyme or reason.

That comment got me thinking, what are we really trying to do? Are we a Waterless Car Wash company that offers different products, not related to waterless wash? Looking back at the website, it is very easy to see why this gentleman was confused...I was confused.

I know our main goal has always been to help others: people want to save water, earth's most precious resource; people want to stay healthy - either lose weight or maintain their current weight, or to improve their immune system. Some people are in dire need of some form of Legal representation, guidance, advice or even Identity Theft Protection. We saw a need for all of these services, but at first glance, they all seem unrelated except for the fact that we wanted to help people. (not a very efficient marketing plan)

Then we came upon the common thread, we have become Second Income Consultants. In all of the items I noted above, the common factor is that these companies not only assist people in their immediate needs, but they can help those same people to add another income stream to their household. Boy, did that feel good to finally find the thread that held it all together.

This may not sound too much like personal development to some, but actually, if you don't have a clear direction, how can you possibly begin to move forward. We now have crystallized our focus (through this version of personal development) and are striving to move forward even faster.

I have finally gotten the other blog up and running. "About Hawgwash" is now on-line and the third (actually first real posting) blog is posted related to Why a second income?. Please also check out http://www.hawgwash.wordpress.com/ and feel free to comment. The articles I plan on placing in WordPress will have more of a business orientation. Sooo, for those of you that do not enjoy my ramblings about travel, shows, and weight loss, you now have a place to go to be more serious minded. I will occasionally post fun articles over there, but will reserve my real silliness for this blog.

If you want to see what I have done to tweak our website, please visit http://www.hawgwash.biz/. This will be an ongoing adjustment for the next month and a half (I hope) until I can refine the site to be more relevant and helpful to people.

Take care and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment