Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Busy Week

Well, as you probably guessed, I had been off-line for three whole days. I managed to not go totally crazy, but it was difficult to not get on a computer. It was somewhat nice to know that someone was watching our business on-line, while I took care of personal issues, but I do miss getting on-line and keeping in touch with everyone.

The really great thing about owning your own business (especially with a partner) is that when the need arises, you don't have to ask your employer for time off, you just make sure the schedule can support your disappearance, and you go. With your own business, you don't have to worry about taking too much time off, if you end up taking too much time off, you just don't make money. At least you don't have to worry about being fired. The advantage with our type of business is that even on the road, I have the ability to earn an income.

I did not work on income building this time, these three days I focused on family issues. I had to drive to California to visit family members, and it was nice being able to do that without fear of what my boss it going to think. The unusual aspect this time is that I didn't even try to earn any income while driving across two states. My full attention was on attending to my family members. I did conduct some business over the phone, but the work was minimal and did not interfere with any family time. With luck, I will not be needing to make another run for family time any time soon, but again, at least I can go if the need arises.

In the grand scheme of things, it is much more important to take care of you family, everything else will follow. If you follow the money first, you will lose touch with your family, and then the money (in my humble opinion) does not do you much good. As we have discussed in prior blogs, you need to maintain a balance between work, income and family. If that balance is not achieved, you will feel unfulfilled. Money with no family is no fun, so is family with no money... (no comments from the peanut gallery...). Always remember to keep your priorities straight. If you can manage that you will be very successful. Remember, success does not necessarily mean lots of money...I believe success can be measured by how well balanced your life is.

Tomorrow we will get back to covering business issues and ... my continued weight loss progress...it may not be great this week, but stay tuned tomorrow...

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment