Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 8, 2010

Basic Discussions

Today is going to be a very short discussion. Basically I am looking at writers' block and have not the slightest idea what to write. I stare at the computer screen looking for inspiration, and the screen just looks back at me. No help there. I search my desk for inspiration, there is ALWAYS something there to trigger a discussion point. There is tons of stuff on my desk (which is another topic entirely) and yet still no interesting thought pops into my head.

My brain is mush, that is the only explanation I have. It has been an extremely busy week, today was no different. Early in the morning (after going to bed way too late last night), I received a phone call that could not be ignored. Since I was up, decided it was a good time to start some housework since we are expecting guests tonight and again tomorrow. So, clean around the house for a few hours. Began to sit down in front of the computer to get some work done, and bam, decided it was a good idea to do some yard work. That completed in about an hour, had to go to the grocery store for food stuffs for the two home meetings we are holding.

The grocery this time of day and year (snowbirds are in attendance in the middle of the day...) is an experience onto itself... Anyway, after long lines, managed to find my way back home with groceries (and some good deals on beef...) put the food away, got more house cleaning done, then finished preparing for tonight's meeting. Wahoo... meeting went well, went late, but went well, then prepared dinner. Now it is almost midnight and am wondering why I can't think of something interesting and enlightening to talk about. Well, duh... did too much, my brain ran out of batteries.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Tomorrow's meeting starts at 10 and ends by 4, that will give me enough time to rest a bit before writing, I will also make sure the batteries in my brain are charged.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment