Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Weight Loss / Weight Management Update

Well, here it is Sunday again. I am almost ashamed to say that I have not lost any weight this week and gained a pound instead. I say "almost" because if you knew what I did this week, not gaining more than a pound was an excellent end to a very bad week. The good news is that even if I have experienced no weight loss, I have been able to manage my weight.

To start with, I did not exercise much at all this week. That was because I was feeling partially yucky (new medical term..;-)) and I was feeling very lazy. I had felt achy all week long and it was probably due to the bizarre weather changes we had. It got windy, which really messed up my allergies, and then it got really cold, which made my joints ache. I know these are excuses, but at least I am being honest. Laziness did play a part in my not exercising as much as I should have this week.

Also this week, as everyone probably knows, was Halloween week. That means all kinds of really great candy was on sale. As I had mentioned in earlier posts, when on the Core4 program, my sweet cravings were greatly reduced. That is great, until you start stocking up on candy in anticipation of the trick-or-treaters. Also some of that candy was the stuff I love and it only appears during Halloween. My control wasn't very good this week, it was a stressful week, the candy was just there on the counter STARING at me, DARING me to eat it, and I didn't take all of the Core4 products all the time as directed. Soooo, my self control wasn't there and the Core4 products didn't curb all of my cravings (since I wasn't taking them consistently this week).

I did discover that under extreme stress, even if you are taking the Core4 products somewhat regularly, your determination may waver a bit. I know that mine wavered quite a bit and I ended up eating a whole bag of candy by myself. I am not proud of that, but what I discovered is that though the candy tasted really good at the time, my belly was not a happy camper within a half hour of consuming all that candy. The good news is that I suspect the Core4 products have been teaching my body that candy is not the best for it. I used to not get an upset stomach after eating candy, but now, I my belly rebels after eating all that sweet stuff.

The candy tasted good, but I did discover my belly bloated something terrible after the candy. This is good to know, it definitely killed my cravings for candy. I must admit that I did try to eat more candy for a few more days before finally realizing that I did not feel so good consistently after eating said candy. The very good news is that we have a bag of unopened candy on the counter top (really for the trick-or-treaters who did not show up on our doorstep) and I have absolutely no desire to opening that bag. That bag even contains candy that I do enjoy.

I probably gained that extra pound from eating a lot of salty foods this week (along with the candy). I have felt bloated most of the week, but I believe I can place the blame again on myself for the bloated feeling. I have not been taking the Flush at all this week. I am not sure why I chose this week to stop taking the Flush, but without it, and with all the candy and junk food I have been eating, it is no wonder I am all bloated again. I took Flush tonight, and will continue taking it next week, until I get all the bloating over with.

I expect to lose that one pound I gained and plan on losing an additional pound for next week. That is my promise to myself and to you. If you want to learn more about the weight management / weight loss products I am using, please visit www.irepcni.net/shooter for more information, or you can e-mail me at shootershakes@aol.com. I also plan on putting the candy away and not eating as much as I did this week. I guess you could call this a binge week. Boy, I have no desire to do that again. I now know that candy will upset my stomach, and will get carrot sticks and celery sticks to solve the craving I have to CHEW on something. When I am stressed, I need something to CRUNCH and the candy I got did satisfy that need. Next time it will be carrots and celery, and I know I won't get as bloated. Good lesson to learn.

Take care and eat right. Keep in mind what you want to look like and you will end up not desiring as much the foods that are bad for you.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment