Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Lack of Weight Loss Saga...or is it??

It is Sunday again, time for me to report that I have only lost one pound this whole week. I guess I shouldn't be upset, I did lose a pound and I did NOT exercise like I promised all of you I would. Granted, I was active, but did not spend an active 20 minutes a day doing some version of exercising.

I believe that I am at that nasty plateau all of us hit, where the weight doesn't appear to want to go away. For those of you who have dieted, this is the time you lose faith in the diet and begin to essentially cheat on the diet and ultimately quit. As much as I would love to just call it quits, I know better. I have to keep reminding myself - how long it took to put the weight on? If it took me years to put on the weight, why do I think I can just snap my fingers and have the pounds fall off? Granted, when I first started with the CNI Core4 products, I lost 15 pounds in a month and a half which got me very excited and actually gave me unrealistic expectations about losing the rest of my weight. Healthy weight loss means that you need to lose the weight slowly.

I know that the Core4 works well even if you do not want to change your eating or exercise habits, but if you want to remove all of the excess fat, you are going to need to increase your exercise level. It is recommended to do a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise at least five times a week. My biggest problem this week has been that I have been glued to the computer and when not glued to the computer, I was running errands and going to our various appointments. That is definitely not the type of exercise that will help to burn off the "sticky" fat that is on my. I really need to focus and get my pulse up so I can increase my metabolism even more.

The really good news is that even though I have fallen off my promise to exercise this week, I have not been gaining any weight. That in itself is great testimony to the Core4 product line. If you can basically eat badly (which I did this week, pizza two nights, cookies, ice cream...you get the picture) and lose one pound without exercise, that is proof that Core4 really works. I have been using the Cheat regularly (except in soups...) along with taking Accelerate in the mornings and Flush at night. The only product I have not been good at taking every day is the Lean, which is really stupid of me. Lean tastes good, is easy to prepare, and does a great job of killing my hunger. The problem I have had is that regular, solid food has been available for all three meals, I usually drink the Lean if it means I have to cook something mid-day (I don't like being bothered by cooking, especially mid-day).

I have been eating more fresh vegetables this week, so when I have those crunchy cravings (there are days where I just need to CRUNCH something) I have an apple, celery or carrots. That is how I justified all of the other "bad" foods that I consumed this week, the fresh veggies offset the bad stuff. But again, you know I was just fooling myself.

Anyway, the good news is that I lost a pound this week, the bad news is that I broke my promise and did not exercise. At least the weight is still coming off, and since it is coming off at such a slow rate, the odds are that it won't come back. I will do better next week, really...

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment