Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Weight Loss Saga - Continued

All right, it is Sunday again and I have promised to report on my weight loss while on the Core4 Products. Two weeks ago I had gained some weight due to the excess of Halloween candy I consumed and had promised to lose that weight plus (actually minus) one pound.

I am happy to report that I lost the weight I gained last week, but I am sorry to say that it does not appear that I lost that extra pound. In my defense, I have been in front of the computer most of the week, but I have not been exercising like I had promised I would. The exercise I have been getting consists of cleaning the pool for 4 days.

I know cleaning the pool may not sound like much, but I did end up with sore arms and wrists (the sweeping was pretty energetic) and I did do a lot of deep knee bends while sweeping the sides of the pool. I even got in the pool (not intentionally) on Thursday...fully clothed I might add. Not much swimming took place at that time, since I was fully clothed... but I did get in (really, I fell in...) the pool.

Bet you want to know how I fell in, don't you? Well, to start with, the pool broom I use to sweep the sides of the pool is a little broken - I do not have the extension part of the pole - so it is only probably 10 feet tall at best. So, I can easily sweep most of the sides of the pool (we won't discuss the deep end yet...) but need to bend way down to sweep the floor of the pool. That is how I am getting my deep knee bends in, as I sweep the floor of the pool, instead of bending over, I keep my back straight and do knee bends. Pretty cool way to exercise...so I thought.

The problem for me is that since I am just a tad vertically challenged (short), and there is a seat at the deep end of the pool, I cannot sweep the deepest end without first stepping onto the seat at the deep side of the pool. Standing on the seating area, the water only goes to about mid-thigh, so shorts are OK while cleaning the pool. Usually, I would sit on the side of the pool, lower my legs into the pool and then gently step onto the seat. I would then continue sweeping the sides of the deepest part of the pool. Sounds easy, right?

Well, on Thursday, I was in a bit of a rush and figured that I could just step onto the seat in the deep end of the pool. I had way too much confidence in my ability to keep my balance and squat on one leg while holding the long brush. Remember I was also feeling a bit rushed... So I take one big step onto the seat on the deep end, and realize too late that I had the brush on the deep side of the pool and had nothing to brace it on. I subsequently lose my balance and fell backwards into the deep end of the pool.

That would be a lot of fun in the summer time, but this time of year, the water in the pool is under 60 degrees and again, I was wearing clothes. I made a big kerplop into the pool and the dogs came running to see what I was doing. Here I am, hanging onto the side of the pool, I didn't lose my grip on the broom, and the dogs were barking at me...I couldn't stop laughing.

I ended up cleaning the rest of the pool from inside the pool, I was wet already, the water was cold, but I couldn't get any colder. Steve finally came out and wanted to know what in the world I was doing in the pool with my clothes on. I started laughing again because he thought I went in the pool intentionally with my clothes on. For those of you that know me, you know I love the water and will take almost any opportunity to get in the water. Thursday though, I did not plan on getting in the water since we had to work Bike Night after I finished sweeping the pool.

Anyway, that is how I got my exercise on Thursday. By next Sunday I plan on taking off 2 pounds and will be better at exercising throughout the week. I will not just rely on cleaning the pool for my exercises, I will use my exercise ball and the elastic band (my giant rubber band) and do at least 20 minutes of exercise for 5 days next week. I will let you know my weight loss progress next week.

Hopefully this brightened your day and will help put you in a good mood for beginning your week.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment