Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 6, 2011

How I Fight Cabin Fever on Rainy Days

It is hard for me to get bored in almost any situation. There is always something to do, or something to think about, or something to read. Heck, I may even break out my old sewing and repair all those buttons that have fallen off all those blouses... There is no end to entertainment at my home...

Rain Storm Along the Front Range and Pike's Peak

It is relatively easy for me to remain entertained when either snowed in (very rare in the Phoenix, AZ area) or rained in. I have two dogs that are an endless source of entertainment. Even when they are sleeping, they are entertaining. If they aren't doing anything in particular, it is a great time for me to "mess" with them, either by tickling the hair between their toes or by tickling their ears.

Eventually, when they get tired of my tormenting, they will get up, give me a very dirty look, and stalk off to another, quieter, place to sleep. Once I have exhausted all attempts to harass the dogs, I finally turn my attention to the mountain of books I have in the study. I am an eclectic reader at best and have books on almost everything, ranging from philosophy to science, to Accounting, to murder mysteries, to classic literature. Once I start reading a book, for me it is like watching a movie, I don't put the book down until my eyes want to come out of my head. I can easily sit for hours reading a good book. I have been known to sit for a whole weekend, just reading and ultimately finishing a good book.

If I am still stuck in the house during a prolonged rain, I would then go to the computer and see what news and events I can find. I may end up chatting with other friends on-line, but more likely, I will sit down and work, since running my own home-based business does take a good bit of work (paperwork...). I will even look at the website and see what I can re-design or re-write or even create new. There is always something to work on if I was in the frame of mind to work instead of being entertained. I almost love long rainy weekends, that way I can spend some of the dreary time sleeping, and then the rest catching up on all the stuff I don't like to do in the house when the days are beautiful.

As you can see, it is hard for me to be bored, even when stuck in my own home for any prolonged period of time. There is always something to be done and I believe if you are bored, when snowed in or rained in, then you are not looking honestly enough at your surroundings. There are tons of things you can do to remain entertained (and I NEVER once mentioned watching movies on TV...when all else fails...)

Until tomorrow...

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment