Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nutritional Drinks in General vs MonaVie in Particular

Tonight I learned an interesting lesson with some nutritional drinks that can be purchased in the various local food stores. During my visit with my father, he offered me a nutritional drink for the evening. Since I drink MonaVie nutritional drinks regularly, I didn't think hard about his offer, and accepted.

What I learned though was that some of the nutritional drinks that are sold in the stores, may be technically good for you, but they taste NASTY. What really surprises me is that the price of these nutritional drinks is no different from the prices of a bottle of MonaVie (Active, Original, Mmun, or Pulse). What I discovered is that this particular nutritional juice was so NASTY tasting that my father had to mix an ounce of it with about 8 ounces of grape juice. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a nutritional juice? I didn't think you should have to mix a drink into another drink, just to hide the flavor.


MonaVie does not have that problem at all. I find my problem with MonaVie is that I like the juice so much that I will find excuses to drink it. I happily take an ounce or two of MonaVie Active in the morning and at least an ounce or two of MonaVie Mmun in the evening. No need to mix it with other things to hide the flavor. MonaVie is excellent as it stands. You would be tempted to drink the whole bottle, and not have to worry about mixing it with anything. This experience I had with my father's choice of nutritional juice reminded me of the time I thought I had found the perfect health drink.


This drink was supposed to be really good for your body. The label claimed that it contained absolutely everything that your body needed to stay healthy. It was supposed to supply you with added energy and vigor. The problem started when you opened the bottle. The running joke was that this particular juice drink smelled like a medicine bottle. You didn't smell any fresh juice smells, you smelled what can only be described as crushed up vitamin pills. You know what I mean, that nasty pill, mediciney (I know that is not a word, but it is the best way I can describe it) smell. This juice smelled so bad that you almost had to literally hold your nose before you drank it. I also remember my almost choking on the drink after it passed my tongue. It was definitely not the most enjoyable drink to take, but I treated it like bad medicine, you took it because it was good for you.


Luckily MonaVie is very good for you (probably better than that juice was I took years ago) and it tastes great. Each MonaVie drink, Active, Original, Pulse, or Mmun has a slightly different flavor because they use different mixes of fruits, but the overall flavor is very pleasant. There is no nose holding in order to drink the juice. You can even have a conversation after downing a few ounces of MonaVie instead of making faces and almost gagging as I did with other drinks. We even have MonaVie tasting parties because their juices taste so good. Even better is that you can't drink too much MonaVie. Granted taking anything to excess is not good for you, but at least with MonaVie you are not taking excessive amounts of refined vitamins and minerals. Everything that is in the MonaVie is natural and tasty.
Not only are the MonaVie nutritional juices tasty, but their energy drink (80% fruit juice) is also awesome. If you want an energy boost without the jitters and an energy drink that contains 80% fruit juice, MonaVie Energy is the drink to have. MonaVie Energy has just enough bite to be fun, but it does not make you make funny faces as you try to drink something else that tastes NASTY. How many other energy drinks have you tried that could only be described as needing a "acquired taste"? MonaVie Energy does not need an acquired taste, it is good from the start to the end. No more funny faces when you swallow the drink.
Hopefully you will try some of the MonaVie drinks, if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at hawgwash1@yahoo.com. If you see us at a rally and are curious about how the MonaVie nutritional juices compare, please ask and we will be willing to provide you a sample to taste. Then you will see we are not joking about how good the MonaVie drinks really are. Better yet, you can make money with MonaVie too...ask me how...
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment