Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 12, 2010

Weight Loss Update

Today, as promised, I am providing you with my weekly (not weakly..) weight loss update. I am happy to report that the weight I gained over the last two weeks did go away. Unfortunately, I did not lose more than what was put on, but at least I took off what had been added. Most likely more weight would have been lost if I had been more diligent about physical exercise.

We were extremely busy this week, but I had to spend quite a bit of time in front of the computer working on the company's financials. Needless to say, I didn't get out to walk briskly as often as I had hoped to. Even though, by watching what I ate and how much I ate, I was able to take the added pounds off. What I did do that was different from past weeks is really push the fresh water. I can say report that I drank at least 100 ounces of water each day. I made sure to always have my giant mug of water by my side at all times. I know I have filled it up at least three times a day all week long.


If you think about it, this week was pretty easy to drink so much water. The temperatures here in Arizona did get into the mid-80's for the whole week and the sun was out all day long...(actually, the sun is always out, you just may not be able to SEE it every day). Anyway, I did make sure to stay very well hydrated and attribute much of the weight loss to that fact.


What I have read, and will put into practice next week to see if it really works, is that in order to reduce your current weight by one pound a week, you need to reduce your daily intake of calories by 500 per day or 3,500 per week. Obviously, one way to reduce your calories, is to exercise, but, I am going to try to actually eat about 500 calories less each day to see if I can take the weight off. I am not focusing on the exercising this week because we have an extremely busy week, and I will not have time to exercise effectively. We have a big motorcycle show coming up this weekend, so I will be moving around, but once the show ends each night, all I want to do is to rest my feet. Standing and working a booth at a show burns some calories, but I don't think that it burns 500 calories each day.


With luck, I will be able to not only keep my weight down, but take at least another pound off by this time next week. The other problem with working motorcycle shows is that the eating menu is pretty bad. Breakfast usually consists of a breakfast burrito, lunch is whatever I can find at other food booths, and dinner, if I am not too tired would consist of some type of one-pot meal, like a hamburger helper type of meal (very high in sodium and fat, low in fresh veggies..). No matter how hard I try to create a healthier menu while on the road, those good intentions always seem to go by the wayside. Perhaps I will do better this time, but I will not hold my breath.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment