Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekly Weight Loss Update for April

Well, today I would love to report that I lost weight, but alas, I did not. The good news is that I did not gain any extra weight. The good news is that it is my expectation that there will be more weight loss in the next few days. Because I have been eating a LOT of beans, I suspect that my lack of significant weight loss is mainly related to water retention. As we have talked about before, if I do not drink a lot of water each day, my body loves to retain the water that I do consume.

Also, as you are all most likely aware, eating beans can really make you bloat. I received this awesome recipe for Taco Soup and unfortunately it uses 4 cans of different beans in the recipe. The flavors are awesome, but my body does like to retain the water from all of those relatively salty beans. Since I do not cook with salt, if I cook with food that is prepared with salt, my body does have issues. Even though salt is important for maintaining proper fluid balance between the water in and around our cells as well as in our blood, too much salt may contribute to kidney and circulatory problems. My body is highly sensitive to salt, and if I consume a fair amount of salt from prepared foods, I do have circulatory problems (mainly swelling). I need to drink more water than usual to flush out the extra salt, and since I have been on the road the majority of the week I have been guilty of not drinking nearly enough water to flush my system.


What else I have discovered is that when I stop drinking my minimum of 95 oz of water a day, it takes me several days to get back into the habit of drinking that much water again. As it stands, I didn't even drink much coffee while on the road, so I seriously dehydrated my system this last week. I know that in the next few days, some weight will come off. I have started walking again and with my increased water consumption, my body will get back into the proper swing of things.


Despite all the abuse I have put my body through this last week, I am happy to report that I did not forget to take my StemEnhance and StemFLO. I suspect that if I did not take these two products, my health would be much worse (I have been flirting with a cold, but it really hasn't slowed me down, thanks in a large part to the StemTECH products). This is now month 4 for me taking full doses of the StemTECH products and I have been seeing great physical results. We will talk more about that in another blog.


My expectation is that by next week there will be significant weight loss.


On a fun note, I am happy to report that I found a hat (I LOVE hats) that I purchased many, many years ago and could not wear because the material makes my head itch. Instead of giving the hat away, I finally found the perfect solution for wearing the hat. I had made some DogDanas for our dogs and had extra bandanna material just kicking around the house. I folded the remaining fabric and stitched it to the inside brim of this hat that I have always loved but discovered I couldn't wear. I am extremely happy to report that the stitching of the bandanna to the inside brim of the hat has solved my itchy problem. I have been able to wear this awesome hat for two days (I did take it off to shower and sleep...) with no ill effects to my head. I am happy as can be to have essentially a "new" hat to wear around. I even had enough fabric to make some really cool hat bands for this hat too. So, the next time some of you see me, you will probably see me with my "new" hat on. Simple minds, simple pleasures.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment