Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 5, 2010

Weight Loss Update for Early April

Well, it has been a while since I last provided you all with my weight loss/maintenance status. For the last two weeks I have not been very diligent about what I ate and exercising. The good news is that I have only put on about 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Three pounds is quite a bit in a two week period, but, as I have said before, water weight is a common problem with the female gender... What else seriously contributes to weight gain is stress. Exercise is also a great solution to weight gain due to stress also. As usual, I have fallen off the wagon...again about exercising. Stressful events got in the way this time, and I allowed them to keep me from working out, even just briskly walking.

So, again, I promise all of you that by next Monday (or Sunday if I am feeling VERY brave) at least the 3 pounds that have been added in two weeks will be removed. It would be NICE if more than that would go away, but I will make the commitment to you all that those 3 pounds will be gone in 7 days. Starting tomorrow (no, that is not an empty promise but a necessary one...it is after 10pm, the coyotes are out and about and it is not a good idea to start any exercise routine tonight...unless you want to include running from coyotes...) the exercise routine begins again.

Did you know that our body is made up of approximately 70% water? When our bodies do not move, the water in them becomes stagnant, creating a great breeding ground for disease. As you move your body through exercise, you basically stir the water in your body, refreshing your body and renewing your energy and strength. So, you can say I am stagnant, and honestly, how many of you out there feel the same way if you haven't moved around vigorously in the last few days? Don't you just kinda feel yucky and sluggish? Do you notice that the more you feel sluggish, the more you don't want to move, but by doing that, you then really notice the loss of energy and the loss of mental clarity? Exercise is a great way to get that old, stagnant water in your body stirred up and out of your system. Remember to drink lots of fresh water as you begin your exercise routine, you will need to flush out that stagnant stuff with fresh water.

So, starting tomorrow, as usual, the exercise routine will begin again. I at least have been pumping fresh water into my system for the last day and a half, so we are already on our way to removing that old yuch from my system and starting to rid the new weight too. I started using some of the Core4 products today, Cheat was sprinkled on my food to help me not take large portions. Cheat helps fill me up and provides a lot of natural fiber which is also necessary for effective weight loss. Lean will also be part of this week's exercise routine so that there is a significant increase in lean protein and amino acids so that the metabolism is increased, food cravings are reduced and energy is up so that I honestly have the energy to exercise. As always, there will be a large mug of fresh water nearby at all times during the waking hours.

Assuming I can stay away from all that really good Easter candy (especially since it is on sale this week..) there is no real reason why those 3 pounds will not come off within the week. I will continue to keep you posted on my weight loss regimen.
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment