Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Update on Las Vegas Bikefest


As you all probably know, we have been working at Las Vegas Bikefest. This has been a fun event for us throughout the years and it was again fun this year. Tonight is our last night for LV Bikefest and I am already looking forward to next year's event.

This year we were located at the Las Vegas Harley Davidson on Eastern Ave. We had not been there for a year and didn't remember the other events that LV HD had going there. I got to see my first wet t-shirt contest. Of course Steve wanted me to take pictures "for the Marines on the Marine website"...yeah right, who are we fooling, but Steve did not want to get close up to the stage.

That left me (all 5'4") trying to wind my way up close enough to the stage to take pictures. Normally that would not be too difficult, but I felt like I was the only girl in the crowd. I didn't realize how many guys were a LOT taller than me. That became painfully obvious when I kept trying to take pictures of the girls on stage only to have some guy move his head. All I got was a great shot of the back of some guy's head or his camera. If you think about it, my shots were pretty funny, there were more pictures of the backs of guys heads, arms, camera phones, cameras, than there were shots of the girls in wet t-shirts.

I am not going to post those pictures on this website (this is a "G" rated site - my rules...), I will leave the pictures up to your imagination. I will post a picture of a really neat person we met, his name is "RayRay" and he does custom license plates and frames. What really fascinated me about "RayRay" was that his leathers matched his bike almost exactly. I liked the fact that even though he had a LOT of blue on the bike, it was tastefully done, and not overdone. Even his leathers looked very classy. It is not often you see blue chaps and vest, but "RayRay" pulled it off with panache.

The weather here was awesome, if you don't mind winds. We had very strong winds on opening day, Thursday and they again picked up on Saturday afternoon. The good news is that the 90+ degree weather ended on Thursday and even though we had lots of sun, the temperatures didn't get much past mid-80's the whole event. It was absolutely perfect riding weather and great rally weather.

One of the best things about coming to Las Vegas Bikefest is seeing all of our friends from the Las Vegas area. Even though we worked at the booth, our friends were able to take some time and come to visit. It was almost like going to old home week, we had so many friends stopping by.

Bikefest ends tomorrow, Sunday, so if you are near, come on by, otherwise hopefully some of you will be able to take some time next year to attend Las Vegas Bikefest. It is a fun time, you get to see Las Vegas at it's best and there is some awesome riding in the Las Vegas area. We look forward to seeing some of you next year.

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment