Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beginning a Weight Loss Program

This is a first-time blog for me. I am looking forward to improving my writing style as time progresses and to provide useful information to anyone who is interested in the variety of subjects I plan on working on.

I want to let it be known that I am usually against "pills" for aiding in weight loss. I believe that pills or other supplements usually have some adverse side affects, I have seen it in the phen-phen (sp) and various other "lose weight quick schemes". I have been an advocate of managing what you eat and exercise. I am now discovering mid-life changes and found out that exercise does not necessarily mean weight loss.

For the first time in over 10 years I am now trying a new series of products designed to help you lose weight without really changing your lifestyle. Granted, I am watching what I eat, but I have always tried to keep sugar, fat, fried food, etc to a minimum. I also walk the dogs at least three times a day, that includes relatively strenuous walking. We don't do a leisurely stroll, these two nuts don't believe in just walking, we usually have to do a fast jog or outright run.

Up until now, I have seen no weight gain, but no weight loss either. I started using the Core4 products 4 days ago and am already seeing weight loss that is not just attributed to water loss. (Women tend to gain and lose water weight on a daily basis). I actually don't feel jittery as I have when I tried some of the other over the counter pills in the past.

Granted, I am only 4 days into the program, so I will keep everyone posted on the progress. When you get the flu you can also lose weight in a few days. The key is to not put the weight back on after you get better. I am looking forward to seeing the Core4 program assist not only in my losing the extra weight I have gained due to midlife change, but also to help me keep the weight off over time.

For now, I am glad to have 5 pounds less to lug around and I actually feel good, not jittery. I suspect as more weight comes off, my energy levels will also naturally increase.

What I have learned so far about the Core4 products is that they easy to use even for me on my busy schedule. The metabolism booster (Accelerate) is taken once a day, usually in the morning. Flush is an all organic cleanser that will help my body to detox. This is also taken once a day, in the evening. The other two products, Lean and Cheat are taken throughout the day... Lean is basically a snack or meal replacement, just like the powered protein drinks already on the market. I highly recommend using it with COLD water and adding some fruit. Tap water is OK, but definitely an acquired taste.

Cheat is the best thing so far. It is a powered fiber that you "shake" onto any solid food you are planning on eating. I have found no flavor change when using Cheat. This product reduces your caloric absorption by approximately 25%. Now I can eat that pizza with no additional strange flavor additive and not absorb about 25% of those calories.

Now you all know the same stuff I do. I will continue to update you daily on my weight loss and any odd side affects. For the record, my body does not usually like supplements, I am allergic to tons of stuff (including dairy products, citrus, etc) and usually exhibit bad side affects within 24-48 hours of ingesting new stuff. So far, I have no ill affects and am hoping that I will finally lose the extra weight I have put on in the last 4 years (when I stopped going to the gym 5 days a week). I want to get back into my "small" clothes.

It would help to put the website down if anyone was interested in what I have been using or if you want to get involved. Again, this is a first-time blog, I will develop more finesse: http://www.hawgwash.irepcni.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment