Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Motorcycle for Sale



As you guys may know, I ride motorcycles...no, really... Well, about a year and a half ago, we acquired a 2002 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Standard (FLHT) that has been converted to an Ultra Classic. The ultimate goal was for me to retire my Springer and ride the FLHT. I rode that "bagger" on the 2009 Run for the Wall (RFTW) and had ridden that bike for months prior and after RFTW. After spending a whole year trying to make the bike comfortable for me, we have decided that there is no way that bike and I are going to learn to play well together. Because of that we have put the 2002 Harley Davidson Electra Glide motorcycle for sale.


This bike has been lowered front and rear (which I need for my little legs) and I purchased a Badlander saddle from Harley because it allowed me an additional half inch lower to the ground. After discovering how HARD that Badlander seat was, I had a gel insert added which made it a much nicer saddle. Despite all that we have done to make this bike comfortable for me, I am still not able to completely flat-foot when at a stop and am therefore not entirely comfortable on the bike. I rode the Springer this year on RFTW and discovered how much more comfortable I was on the soft tail rather than the bagger. So, now that we are back home, I have put the FLHT motorcycle up for sale.


In a nutshell, the bagger frame is too wide for my body. No matter how low we get the saddle to the ground, it feels like my legs go out sideways before they head down to the ground. I am uncomfortable maneuvering the bike because I can not comfortably put my feet on the ground. My riding reflects my discomfort on the bike. I have had too many close calls for tipping over on this bike and just don't want to worry about tipping over.


It is a good bike, runs great, I just can't handle the bagger. I guess I am just a soft tail kind of person (no comments from the peanut gallery).


If you know anybody who is looking for a Harley Davidson touring bike, we have a great one for sale. It has the following really cool things on it:

  • Detachable UltraClassic TourPack
  • Detachable Luggage Rack
  • Detachable rider and passenger backrests
  • Saddlebag covers
  • UltraClassic Fairing with Stereo
  • Extra Harley-Davidson Badlander seat (with gel insert) for solo riders
  • Center Stand for ease of maintenance
  • Custom Derby covers
  • Black powder-coated "crash" bars and front lights
  • Orange LED lights on the engine.

If you know anybody interested in this great motorcycle for sale, please feel free to have them contact me at hawgwash1@yahoo.com. We will entertain any serious offer, but since we have more than enough vehicles, we are not interested in trading for another vehicle (car, truck, ATV, trailer, etc).

Thanks so much for listening to my rant about this great bike. I really liked the bike, I just wish I had longer legs... I loved the radio, don't have that or the fairing on the Springer. It is a nice riding bike, I would really enjoy it if I didn't have to worry about that nasty little thing...stopping... If this bagger handled like my Springer, we would not be having this conversation...

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment