Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Have you ever had one of those days?

Tonight's topic will be brief, but hopefully relevant. Have you ever had one of those days? No, really, one of THOSE days? One of those days where no matter what you do, time just slips away from you. Today was one of those days for me. The day started off well, I woke up. Waking up is always a good thing. So, since today was not booked with a bunch of appointments, it looked like it was going to be a great day to get things done.

Boy, was I off about that. Granted, I did get things done, but not in the order and quantity that I would have liked to have them completed. For starters, the network was nice and slow this morning. Usually we have connection issues later in the evening, but today was not good from the morning. That is not too bad, but I tend to get distracted if I have to wait any amount of time for a screen to refresh. I am sure you have all had the same issues over time. So, as I was waiting for the screen to refresh, I kept fiddling with papers on my desk, which I then proceeded to knock over and have to collect and re-stack...yep, one of THOSE days...

Today seemed like one of those joke e-mails you may have received. You start one thing, need something else to finish the first project, and continue to get distracted all day long only to finally finish the day and discover that you are pooped and have nothing completed. Today wasn't to that extreme, but I sure didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked.

I guess you could say that the funny part about today is that the car finally got cleaned, only to have a massive rain storm roll through this evening. I am not sure what the car will look like tomorrow, but I am pretty sure it will look OK with a few bits of dust and leaves stuck to it. Luckily our waterless wash does not allow much to mess up a vehicle after it was cleaned, but it does get frustrating to find out that within hours of cleaning your vehicle it got rained on....a bunch. The good news is that we finally got rain. I have been hoping for rain for a few weeks now.

We have watched the thunder clouds roll overhead, we have watched them rain heavily on the mountains, but we only got a few drops of rain each time. I am so happy to have had a good gully-washer today. It was a great opportunity to clean off my roof, clean out the drain pipes of any critters that took up residence (and we did have a few of those). I was able to wander out to the pool in between down pours and pull out some big beetles that were washed into the pool. I don't know if I should have, but I fished them out and let them go. If these beetles mess up any of my plants, I will hunt them down....

Anyway, even though I didn't get too much accomplished today, I can almost justify today as a 'rest' day. Got the necessary errands done, did get some networking done, got e-mails cleared, and got my blog written. Not a bad day, but not one of my stellar days either.

The good news is that I managed to find a new recipe to try for dinner and it didn't turn into a colossal mess. There are many times that I find recipes that look good, but once I try them, the food is not fit for anyone or anything to eat. This recipe will need some tweaking, but it tasted pretty darned good the way it was written. Since I am not the most inspired cook on the planet, I do not have the talent to read a recipe and know what is missing. I have to cook it as I read it and then make notes on what needs to be done next. So, this recipe was OK, just needed some jazzing up and it will be a very enjoyable recipe. So, once I get the recipe to my liking, I will let you guys know what it is and offer it up as something easy to cook and it tastes good...

So, overall, today was not a bad day, but I just couldn't complete all the things I wanted to do and kept losing track of time... It was one of those days, but we all need that occasionally so we can appreciate when everything does come together.


If you or someone you know is looking for second income sources, or looking for some business opportunity just to keep busy, please feel free to visit our website, www.hawgwash.net. We may have something that will interest you. If anything, please feel free to visit and read the weekly quote that is updated on Mondays...

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment