Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 3, 2010

What are Hemp Hearts?

Tonight was supposed to be the weekly update on my weight. Today started very early and I just plain forgot to get on the scale. There were a lot of things going through my mind, one of which was that we have only 14 more days before we hit the road for Run for the Wall. There is an amazing amount of work that needs to be completed before leaving for this 10-day odyssey across this wonderful country of ours.


Since I am not going to talk about my weight management today, I was struggling about what to enlighten everyone about. I struggled until the U.S. Postal Service placed a 5 pound box at my door this afternoon. At first I thought it was one of my regular product deliveries, except for the fact the box was oblong, not square, and it had "FRAGILE" and "THIS SIDE UP" plastered all over it. Now my interest was piqued. Even more interesting is that I had to sign for the box, which I never have to do on the regular product deliveries.


When I read the outside label, I noticed that this box came from Alberta (Canada, not New York...). Now, I was really wondering, what in the world was sent. Eagerly I took the box inside and carefully opened it. To my surprise, I found many small sample packages of "Hemp Hearts". I had forgotten that a few weeks ago, another nutritional company contacted me asking if I would consider carrying their line of nutritional products and they were going to send me some samples. Obviously I didn't think too much about the call, I get those types of calls fairly frequently, but this time, the company representative meant what they said.


What was sent were several samples of Hemp Hearts, two one-pound containers of Hemp Hearts (so we knew what the retail product packaging was like) and two samples of their "More than a Square Meal Bars". It is very rare for me to have a company so proud of their product that they would ship a full compliment of their products to sample. That in itself has me excited about this new opportunity. The other part is all that I have read about what Hemp Harts are and what they can do for your health.


Very briefly, Hemp Hearts look a little like Wheat Germ and are intended to be sprinkled over your food. The company highly recommends that you consume approximately 5 tablespoons of Hemp Hearts over yogurt and fruit (or vegetables) early in the morning. Hemp Hearts are shelled hemp seeds, but have 0.0% THC in them (so those of you thinking I am getting into something CRAZY...just forget it...). They are high in proteins, essential fats, natural vitamins. They are more balanced and digestible than any soy product, contain all the essential and Omega fats required for human health and contain more required amino acids (Proteins) than milk, meat or eggs.


There is a lot more about these Hemp Hearts than I have the time to cover tonight, I will be personally consuming the products starting first thing tomorrow morning and will continue to keep you posted on this new product that we may just add to our nutritional product line. Tomorrow I will cover more about what the company states Hemp Hearts can do for your health, and I will be your personal guinea pig to test the product on. If this is as good as the company professes, it will be on our website within the next few days...


Stay tuned. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment