Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Weekly Weight Loss Update

Well, here it is Monday again, and boy, did it come faster than expected. Time for my weekly confession on my weight loss. This last week was a whirlwind of activity and this week is shaping up to be even busier than last week. Well, let's just cut to the chase. I lost one whole pound this last week. WOW!!! The good news is that even after eating candy (which I had been avoiding for over a month now) the weight did come off. I was extremely nervous getting on the scale this morning, and was even formulating excuses for why I didn't weight myself. I knew you would be watching, so I sucked it up and stepped on the bathroom scale.


Boy, imagine my pleasant surprise to see not a weight gain, but a whole pound gone. For those of you that know me, I have a very difficult time taking weight off. Once my body gets used to a particular weight, it just doesn't seem to want to let that excess tonnage go. I have been struggling to get back to my high-school weight (I was there before I moved to AZ 7 years ago). What is even worse is that my weight really didn't go up until I quit my extremely stressful job and started traveling around the country working at motorcycle rallies.


You know part of the reason for my weight gain in the last 4 years (yes, I only gained the extra tonnage in the last 4 years, I still have my 'skinny' clothes and WILL get back into them...eventually...) is the lack of my stress diet. When I worked 80 hour work weeks, by the time I got home, I had absolutely no desire for food. So, essentially the only time I ate was breakfast, before starting the work rat-race all over again. Usually lunch didn't happen because I kept working and just plain forgot to eat. When I realized I missed lunch, it was only about 3 hours to 5 pm (theoretical quitting time) so I put off eating until I got home. Usually I got a major project between 4 and 5 pm that had to be completed by the next morning, so I would stay late. Hence, by the time I got home, I really wasn't interested in any food.

This diet may have kept my weight down, by my health suffered majorly for the stress I put my body through. Once I left that rat race, I began to eat regular meals, at regular times and the weight started to come on. My next challenge was my diet when traveling. On the road, it is fairly difficult to get your hands on fresh fruit and vegetables. The reason is that you really aren't supposed to transport any fresh fruit across state lines, and I cross state lines sometimes on a daily basis. Then, grabbing food at a motorcycle rally, heck, how many healthy food kiosks do you find at rallies? So, for a while, hamburgers and fries were the weekend lunches. Dinners consisted of Hamburger Helper or Tuna Helper. Lots of carbohydrates, not much fiber, lots of fats.. Lastly, add to this whole mixture, the fact that I am not a spring chicken anymore. Something like a "change-of-life" was happening to my body too. What's up with THAT???


By the time I returned from our first year on the road, I gained almost 35 pounds. Ouch!! It has been an ongoing battle to lose those pounds, but it looks like I may finally be turning the bend on that. I am doing light exercise, I know I should be more diligent, but it is so difficult to take an hour out of the day to exercise. I have been so tired lately (partly due to the added weight I bet...) that after I have done all the house chores, errands, appointments, vehicle detailing, and bookkeeping, I honestly don't want to go exercise.


I know, very bad attitude, but that will change. As we go on the road, I have to walk the dogs at least 3 times a day. On those three walks, we all go a minimum of a mile and a half, so I am walking about 4 and a half miles a day. That, combined with a better planned eating diet this time (we have been working very diligently on eating more balanced meals) with less fat, salt, and carbs, I should continue to whittle those pounds down until I get back to my target weight.

So, I will continue to keep you appraised on my weight loss over the next few months, hopefully the weight will continue to drop as we travel across this wonderful country of ours. Tomorrow we will probably discuss a weightier subject, unless I find something that tickles my funny bone and choose to share.


One last item - Last week I introduced the concept of Hemp Hearts and told you I would keep you updated on my progress with the Hemp Hearts. Well, I have used them for 6 out of 7 days (I forgot to eat them yesterday) and can't say that I have seen much change in my healthy or well being one way or another. I will continue to take the Hemp Hearts, and hope that something positive can be seen, but so far, as much as I would REALLY like to tell you this is the do-all, cure-all, be-all, I can't say that. The only benefit I see so far is that they make my yogurt crunchy and they taste good. Beyond that, right now, the Hemp Hearts seem to not be doing anything more for me. I have not noticed a decrease in appetite (it has been too hot here in AZ to want to be hungry), nor have I noticed a huge burst in energy as they advertise. I will keep plugging away and see if perhaps my body is slower than most to respond to the good aspects of the Hemp Hearts. I really do like the concept, but right now, I can personally see no specific results.


Check out our website for some really cool nutritional products that we have. They will help support your body's natural ability to heal. We have Stem Cell Nutritionals to aid your body to naturally release it's own stem cells to heal itself. We also offer a nutritional drink, Mona Vie to help keep your existing cells healthier.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment