Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 21, 2009

On the way to Reno Street Vibrations

Hi everyone,

We are happily bouncing down the road, on our way to Street Vibrations in Reno, NV. The weather for traveling has been good to us so far. Last night, on our way from Ruidoso, NM we saw some pretty intense storms, but were lucky enough to pass between them.

If you look at a map, you would have figured that we would head up I-25 to I-40 on to Reno. We didn't do that, but took some secondary roads across New Mexico and Arizona to get to I-40. The driving was nice, we missed the storms that were probably hitting Albuquerque and Gallup. We are currently on I-40 just outside of Kingman, AZ. We expect to be in Reno late this evening in anticipation of setting up the booth tomorrow morning.

I did promise to provide you information on riding around the Ruidoso, NM area. As we were driving around, I was struck by how many museums and galleries were in the area. There is also a lot of information (including a museum) on Billy the Kid. On our way out, we passed through a wonderful little town called Lincoln. It is the historical home of Billy the Kid. He had been held at the Lincoln Courthouse but escaped from there. This town holds an annual event that features the "last escape of Billy the Kid". As I drove through the town, I was amazed by all the historical markers along the way. It looked like almost every building had an historical marker placed in front of it. Next year, I want to spend time wandering around this well preserved town and read all they have to say about Billy the Kid.

The riding around Ruidoso was beautiful (what we saw of it) and I would highly recommend spending time in the area. Be sure to bring a lot of warm weather since Ruidoso is around 7,000 feet and definitely bring rain gear. Even last year we got at least one rain shower during the rally.

We will be stopping for a little bit now, I will post more when we get back on the road. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment