Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 18, 2009

Golden Aspen Rally

Hi everyone. I know I have not been posting again, but I really do have a good reason. We are currently at the Golden Aspen Rally in Ruidoso, NM. We are dry camping (camping without electric, water or sewer) and have a very small window in which to run our generator. Running a generator can be a noisy experience, so we make sure our generator is turned off by 9 pm each evening. The problem with blogging is that I need the generator to keep the laptop running, the show ends at 8, so I have less than an hour to eat, take care of the dogs and then get the laptop running. Last night, we didn't get out of the booth until after 8, so my time got really squished.

Right now, I am in our booth, just before the show opens and trying madly to let everyone know what is going on. I guess I will have to beg to get inside the event early (we are provided electric to our booth, but we can't get into the facility until 8 am) and talk to you all before they open the doors for the general public. I feel badly about not blogging more regularly, but will continue to work on getting more consistent. Please bear with me a little longer so I can get a pattern going even when I am working at shows.

Now, if you are wondering about the Golden Aspen Rally, it is a really great rally. As I mentioned earlier, it is sort-of indoors (there is a huge covered rodeo arena and they put sides on it so we are basically indoors without any heating or cooling) and a lot of fun. The people here are awesome, the weather has not been so nice.

It has rained most of the day for the last two days. Hopefully the weather will clear up later today. On Wednesday (the first day of the rally) we got a massive rain and hail storm and luckily no damage to any vehicles or people. I want the rain to stop because it is dangerous to the riders coming to the rally. I have no doubt that the motorcycle rides can handle the rain, my bigger concern is the 4-wheelers who have problems driving in the rain bumping into the motorcycle riders. As far as I know, there have been no problems with bikes in these wet conditions, but I really want the rain to stop because the riding around here is beautiful.

The rally is held in Ruidoso, NM, up in the mountains. Even if it is over 90 in El Paso, it is much cooler up here. This is a great rally to attend, they have a large selection of vendors, the promoters are careful not to have more than 2-3 duplicate type products so there is a wonderful selection and not all the same stuff. The prices of the products, food included, are very reasonable. I would like to discuss the riding around here, but as I said, it is raining, and I have to work the booth. I will look up some of the riding around here and let you know what is available in my next blog (hopefully tomorrow morning).

My next blog should not be as disjointed as this one is. I am madly trying to get information out to you before I have to work at the booth.

Right now, the gates are open, people are streaming into our area, so I need to get to work. I look forward to talking to everyone later. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment