Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What is More Important?

It is a tough question to determine which is more important, where you live or what you do for a living. I will strive to explain my position tonight...

Arizona desert

Many times you hear that for successful business it is location, location, location. I suppose that where you live would be more important than what you do for a living. Where you live could have an impact on what you do for a living, but then, once you think about it, what you do for a living can have an impact on where you live.

The upshot though, in my humble opinion, is that it is more important where you live rather than what you do for a living. If you are not comfortable where you live, then you will not really be comfortable doing what you want to do for a living. Having a good location for where you live is just as important as a having a good location for your successful business. If you are in a bad location for either where you live or where you work your business, neither will do well. You cannot focus on making a living if you are worried about where you live.

The problem with people in general is that they seem to tend to define themselves by what they do for a living. The biggest issue with that is once those same people retire, then they have essentially lost their identity. A balance needs to be reached, you need to like what you do for a living, that is important, but you should not allow yourself to develop your identity by your work. I can make this statement because I have been guilty of defining who I was by what I did for a living. What I discovered is that what I did for a living was not allowing me to live at all.

Location for where you live can allow you to develop who you in a healthier way. By having a good location to live, will allow you to have more free thoughts, more time to develop other skills that are not related to what you do for a living. Having a good location to live may even allow you to modify or improve what you do for a living. Where you live can allow you to expand your horizons, and possibly develop a better balance between your work and non-work life.

Where I live is very important for me. I love the views I have of the local mountains, I love the space and I especially love the people that are also living around me. This way, whatever I choose to do for a living is balanced by other things I love. The best part for me is that what I do for a living can be done in and around the wonderful comforts of my home. Not everyone is so blessed. Even when traveling, it is nice to be able to come "Home" and know I have a wonderful location to come home to. Location for where I live helps to provide me balance and solace whereas what I do for a living can change from day to day.

If you are interested in adding an second income to what you are currently doing so that you can enjoy making a living, please feel free to visit our website for second income ideas.

Until tomorrow...

Powered by <span class=Plinky" title="Powered by Plinky">

No comments:

Post a Comment