Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keeping it short

I really like this quote from George Burns, "The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible." I realize that sometimes these blogs can get lengthy, usually because I have a "wild hair" and need to vent. Other times, I really should break these into separate articles. My desire is to keep these relatively short and sweet and still get my thoughts across to you concisely.

Tonight I have no particular topic to expound upon, and do not want to take away all the Monday fun by adding more fun trivia facts on "Hump Day". So I just wanted to sit down with all of you and say "HI". Hopefully you have been enjoying my blathering, perhaps some of what I talk about has caused you to laugh, or to think. My goal is to have fun, both for me writing and for you in reading.

It has been an interesting month so far, and looks to get even more fun as the month draws to a close. I am sorry I missed the "unofficial" Run for the Wall Southern Route reunion last weekend in Kerrville, TX, but am already planning on finding some way to attend next year's event. The one redeeming factor has been all the activity on Facebook by the RFTW family. They have been great about posting pictures, continuing to make comments and generally stay in touch with each other. By chatting on Facebook, it is almost like being with my extended family.

If you have never participated in Run for the Wall, this is an event that begins 10 days before the Memorial Day weekend. We ride motorcycles (some of us also travel in cars and RV's - we are getting older...) from the Los Angeles, CA area to Washington, D.C. in order to visit the Vietnam Wall. It is an event that everyone (including non-military people like me) should do at least once in their lifetime. It has been a life-changing experience for me and I would not miss it for the world.

Other than missing my RFTW family, we have been busy here preparing for a new business launch. I cannot tell you much about it now, but in the next 3-5 weeks, we will be launching a new and very innovative company and product for all to see. This product is going to put the energy drink market on it's ear. I can't wait to tell you more, but I have been sworn to secrecy and if I told you now, I would have to kill you. Suffice it to say, the minute I can talk specifically about the product launch, I will be shouting it from the rooftops (and from the blogs...).

I know I said it was going to be a brief blog tonight, and I have once again lied. So, on that note, have a wonderful evening and I will continue our conversation tomorrow.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment