Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl 45

Well, another Super Bowl is now in the record books. Going into this game, I had no idea who I would root for. The teams I would have like to see, did not make it into the Super Bowl so I had to pick one of two teams that I really wasn't too involved with.

The good news is that this Super Bowl was a great game. It looked like two monster teams pushing each other back and forth across the field, the teams appeared to be fairly evenly balanced against each other. Even though I did not have a specific favorite, I did end up rooting for Green Bay mainly because Aaron Rogers was the new kid on the block. He had a lot to show that he was no longer second fiddle to Bret Farve. It was great to see a relatively young team do so well in a Super Bowl match up against the more experienced team of the Steelers.

The problem of finally picking a team to root for is that once I started rooting for Green Bay, I got engaged and started yelling at the TV (just like my Dad used to do...hmmmm, wonder where I learned that...). The end result, since the game was so close is that I have a very sore throat.

Overall, it was a great game, both teams played very well, and it was an exciting game. Hopefully the owners and players will be able to resolve their differences for next year's games soon enough to not affect our football pleasure. Watching the Super Bowl is exciting, fun, but tinged with sadness because you know that this is the last game of the season and we don't have any more games to look forward to for quite some time.

Enjoy your after Super Bowl party,

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment