Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Sense of Humor

Some say I have a very strange sense of humor. I strive to find humor in everything I do. Many things make me laugh, and it doesn't take much to find my funny-bone. More importantly, because I enjoy life so much, it is relatively easy to find humor in much around e. By enjoying life in general (granted there are things that are just not fun or funny) people around you will tend to be happier too. I get my most fun when I see others around me having fun too. Smile and the whole world will smile with you...(or ... the corollary - smile and the whole world will wonder what you are up to...)













Living life to the fullest makes me laugh. If that didn't make me laugh, it would make me cry, so I choose to laugh. If you look hard enough, there is humor everywhere. Have you ever looked at a 3-toed sloth? Please...tell me that isn't the funniest animal you have ever seen...or at least one of the funniest animals you have ever seen.

My sense of humor can be best defined as eclectic... I will strive to find the humor in life, because life is far too short for it not to be funny. Granted there are many, many times where life is not funny, but it is most important to look for the brighter side. If you really think about it, if you didn't have contrast, how could you enjoy life. If the sun always shone down on you, wouldn't life get pretty darned boring? A little rain sometimes makes for a much more interesting story.

Here is another way to look at the humorous side of life. Let's talk to the fishermen of your life. How many "fish stories" have you heard about the one HUGE fish that got away? Originally, if you took the story at face value, the fisherman lost a huge fish. He should be sad because he lost this big fish. But, if you look at perhaps how he lost that fish, then the story could get quite funny... Heck, I caught a pretty good sized fish, actually had someone help me take it off the hook, and then, just as they were going to place it in the ice chest, the fish gave a giant heave and leapt from the hands of a good friend and back into the ocean I had just pulled it from. I should have been sad, but I laughed so hard I cried. It was FUNNY. It was funnier looking at the crestfallen look on my friend's face when they realized they lost MY FISH. I thought it was FUNNY.

Actually, in that story, everybody won, the fish won another chance at living a little longer, I won because I didn't have to kill, gut and clean the fish, and my friend...well, my friend really didn't win, but once they realized I honestly thought the whole thing was funny, well, my friend discovered I wasn't mad at all.

The key to not going totally insane is to keep a sense of humor at all times. Life is difficult, life is tough much of the time. By keeping a good hold on your sense of humor, you stand a good chance of getting past all the hard stuff and actually enjoying life.

Don't forget to laugh. It lowers blood pressure, it makes the wrinkles on your face go away and the best thing of all is that it makes others laugh with you.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment