Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 4, 2010

Trivial Facts

Tonight is another installment of Trivial Facts, so here it goes:

How many of you tie your shoes anymore? There is now Velcro in place of shoe laces, or just slip-on shoes, or flip-flops. Did you know the name for that little plastic thing at the end of your shoe laces? Those plastic things are called aglets. Wow, that is pretty useless info...

I saw this on one of those TV shows, debunking common myths... did you know why the whip makes a cracking sound? That sound occurs because the tip of the whip moves faster than the speed of sound. I knew it hurt when I got hit by the tip of a whip. At least now I know why I couldn't get out of the way fast enough, I don't move faster than the speed of sound...

It rained here in Phoenix today. I could not find my umbrella and finally realized why...the average life span of an umbrella is under 2 years. I couldn't find my umbrella because it died years ago... All I need to do now is to find the skeleton of the umbrella, that seems appropriate in the Arizona desert...

Now for fun animal facts - did you know a donkey will sink in quick sand while a mule will not. Wonder what the science behind that is? Now all I need to do is to find some quick sand and try this out...yeah, right, in Arizona??? HA!!

We now have proof that drinking tea can be dangerous to your health - 4,000 people are injured by tea pots every year. Watch out for attack tea pots...

Did you know the average speed of Heinz ketchup leaving the bottle is 25 miles PER YEAR? I thought it was slow..

Do you know who the first non-human to win an Oscar was? Mickey Mouse.

For those of you who always wondered (and I know a few who tried) it takes four hours to hard boil an ostrich egg.

And to continue with the fowl comments... (pun intended) - the left leg of a chicken is more tender than the right.

Chickens cannot swallow while they are upside down. As a matter of fact, I probably can't swallow very well while upside down either...

Did you know there are more chickens in the world than people?

And lastly, for this week, to tie in from our Millionaire Spotlight last night, did you know that there are only 18 countries richer than Bill Gates?

That's all for Trivial facts this week. Hopefully these were as much fun for you as they were for me.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment