Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pool Maintenance 101

Well, I managed for the second day in a row to not fall in the pool. Granted, I had a few close calls, but I didn't fall in. I have been smarter for the last 2 days also, I have been making sure my phone is not on my person while I am cleaning the pool. The way things have been going lately, I can guarantee you that if I had my phone on, I would most definitely have fallen into the pool.

You would think that by now I would have gotten the hang of cleaning the pool, I have been working on it for the last 2 weeks. Apparently I am pool cleaning deficient. Luckily, I do have a person who comes once a week to make sure the chemical levels are OK and back flush the filter. It is enough for me to have to skim and sweep the pool (and I fall in while doing that), I think if I try to take on the rest of the tasks, I will end up in the pool more than out of the pool. During the Summer time, that would not be a bad thing, but now, when the temps are not much over 70 (I know, you guys back East are going WHAT A WIMP!!!), the pool water is in the 50's, and the humidity is in the low teens, it really isn't much fun falling in the water with your clothes on.

I grew up in New York, so you would expect that cold water doesn't bother me, I suspect two reasons why I get cold easy. One - I am getting old, my blood is getting thin (great excuse) and Two - with the lower humidity, the water feels much colder... (non-scientific theory). I really think the "older" part is the main problem. When you are in your teens and early 20's, nothing much bothers you. Now, I get cold a whole lot easier. I still like a dip in the cold pool, Steve thinks I am crazy because I will swim in the cold water, but I want to be the one to call the shots when I get in the pool. I do not like the unexpected kerplump into the deep end of the pool fully clothed.

It was tempting today to just get into a bathing suit and go in the pool to better clean it. But, it was getting dark, and the air already had a distinctive nip to it (no, I am not being wimpy there...). Perhaps tomorrow afternoon, I will swim a bit and then clean the pool.

Anyway, I didn't want to cover any serious topics tonight, so thought I would update you on my ability to stay out of the pool. Tomorrow I will be more serious....maybe, depending on my mood...

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. Swimming pools are often considered as a good source for recreation. However, the difficulty lies in swimming pool maintenance??
    Pool Maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this article, I can now managed my pool on my own. I will also study on how to repair those equipment that I've use on my pool.


    Pool Maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before i repaired the heater of my pool, but after a week, it already broke. are you offering pool equipment repair??


    Pool Maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how to do a pool maintenance only a pool equipment repair is the one that I don't know how to do. I think I need to learn it so that I will not hire a pool equipment repair technician. I see how repair a pool equipment here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post shared by you! Pool maintenance is something you don't want to ignore because undoing the damage from negligence is much more time consuming and expensive than the little bit of time it takes to complete these tasks. Anyway, you can also read tips and information about pool equipment repair, just Visit Here!

    ReplyDelete