Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Being in Balance, or am I?

As much as I would like to "cheat" and provide you a blog on Motivational Monday, or Trivial Tips and Tidbits, I believe I owe you all some version of an explanation for why I disappeared for a few months.  As you know, I had been working on my Motivational Monday blogs along with my Trivial Tips and Tidbits blog on Wednesdays...and then...poof, I stopped posting.  Well, just because I thought I had everything balanced... I didn't.

How many times have you thought that you had your life under control only to discover that you have been juggling one too many balls?  Once you drop one of those balls, all the others just come tumbling down.  I write these blogs in part to keep everyone looking at the positive side of life.  My mother always taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  That is in part why I stopped writing.  You all don't need to hear any more of the woes of the world, nor do you need to hear someone else jabber on about how tough life is. 

My life got just a tad out of balance and I had a very difficult time getting that balance back.  The way I chose to maintain balance, was to take a break from writing.  I felt very guilty about not updating you all, but on the other hand, I discovered that I cannot juggle a dozen balls at the same time.  I discovered that I had bitten off more tasks than I could chew and was getting so buried in all the things that "needed" to be done, I started burning out. 

Along with work, weekend shows, I decided it would be good to get involved and become a foster parent in dog rescues.  I had absolutely no idea how much of an emotional toll that took.  For those of you who may not really know me, I am always open to helping hurt and abandoned animals.  It doesn't really matter which ones, but I always end up getting involved in some kind of animal rescue, be it a baby bird that couldn't fly, a duck that got hurt, a dog that was found wandering along the side of a road, a cat that got hurt.  I have always been there to help when I can.   So, fostering dogs until they got adopted out seemed a great way for me to help. 

Theoretically, the idea was great.  In actuality, fostering took a major bite out of my spare time and made a huge dent in my emotional resources.  I will go into my adventures with fostering on a future blog, but suffice it to say, that by the time I finished working, doing chores and then taking care of frightened dogs (yes, plural...heaven forbid if I do ANYTHING in small amounts..) and cleaning up after dogs that don't understand the term "housebroken".  Well, let's just say that my life got more than a little out of balance.

Things have somewhat calmed down now, and with luck, I will be back in the blogosphere keeping you entertained, perhaps educated, or just curious.  I still plan on blogging Mondays and Wednesdays with additional blogs when I have extra stuff to offer you.

Take care and we shall be talking once again, shortly.

Until Wednesday (i.e. tomorrow...)

No comments:

Post a Comment