Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 9, 2011

Back to Blogging - and a few fun tidbits

Well Hello one and all... it has been a VERY long time, but I am back to blogging. If you couldn't guess, life got just a tad hectic leading up to April 15th, and I needed to focus on the tasks at hand and had to put my conversations on the back burner.

Life has not become any less hectic, but I am learning to carve a little bit of time out of this insane schedule to chat again. For this week, our conversations will be for tonight, Wed and probably Thursday. Again, I do not want to over-promise and under-deliver. Assuming I can keep to chatting 3x a week, I will see if I can carve out more time to chat, but we are going to start with baby steps first.

I have thought long and hard about talking with all of you, but with as hectic a schedule as I have had in the last almost 2 months, I honestly didn't have any time to talk. When I did have the time, my eyeballs were so tired, I couldn't see to type. For those of you on Facebook, you also know I have been putting in pretty rare appearances.

With luck, all of that insanity is now behind me. Tonight, let's warm up again on a few of our Fun tidbits -

Did you know that the word, "Google" is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros?

Here are some fun factoids for the animal lovers out there:
A group of larks is called an exaltation
A group of humming birds is called a charm
Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink" (never heard a farmer call them that....many other names, not a Flink though...)
An ant lion is neither an ant nor a lion. (see picture below...yuch...)


Chickens that lay brown eggs have red ear lobes. There is a genetic link between the two..

And the last animal bit of trivial tidbits for the night - Spider Monkeys like banana daiquiris...

Thanks for being patient with me as I get my hectic life back in order. Look forward to chatting again this Wednesday.

Until Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment