Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Very Sick Parrot update

Well, so much for being on schedule again. My parrot has had another stroke. This one appears far more severe than the last one. She is currently so weak that she can only roll her head from side to side. I am not taking her to a vet because I don't want to stress her out any more than she currently is.

Right now, when she does open her eyes, she gets startled easily, so things are pretty quiet and calm around here (at least on the outside). Instead of rushing her to a vet to have her looked at (still can't say the other word...) I have chosen to keep her here and allow her the dignity to pick the time she wants to fly away from all this earthly mess. All I am doing is comforting her, letting her know she is loved and that if she needs to leave, not to feel stressed about it. This parrot is a real fighter, for those that have met her, you know what I mean. She is tough, and it appears she is still not ready to leave me here without her.

She has been my companion for the last 29 years and has been there through the thick and the thin of my life. She has seen me married and divorced, and has happily moved with me from Southern California to Arizona. In the last 6 years she has traveled through much of this wonderful country with me and no matter what, she will always be with me. I wish her the best in whichever path she chooses, so, if not much is done in a blog tomorrow, you will have a pretty good idea why.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment